Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Choose the right cordless drill

Trying
Making a Splash

Choose the right cordless drill

Drill.png

Asking for advice here please. Looking to buy a new cordless drill for general household use.

Too many choices have left me totally confused.

Booked on Saturday to Bunnings workshop for advice before purchase, but interested in what Workshoppers can tell me. 

Thanks in advance for your input. Cheers.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Choose the right cordless drill

No problem at all @Trying, great to see so many Workshop members assist you with helpful advice. We love having you as one of our members and always enjoy your posts. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Trying,

Hope all is well.

Just wondering how you went with choosing a drill?

Jason

Hi @Jason, thanks for your interest. I presented myself to the Bunnings Workshop class as previously discussed and then selected an Ozito 18v drill kit with the charger and a 2hr battery included !  It feels good in my hand and I think it will do the jobs I have in mind nicely. The battery will also fit other products in the range should I need them at a later date. I found most of the other brands were too heavy for me to be comfortable with, and the other thing was the good price @ $99 !! I'm happy with my choice, and will be starting the list of jobs with putting up a new blockout blind this weekend. Thank you again to everyone for their very helpful advice. Cheers, Marlane.

Trying
Making a Splash

Thanks @Prof . Followed your advice and I'm very happy. You're a legend ! Cheers.

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Glad I was able to help..

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

@TryingI’ve found the Ryobi ONE+ gear to be excellent especially their top range drills. Big advantage of the range being interchangability of batteries across an enormous range of tools.

I see some of their gear as being in a ‘pro-sumer’ area – above consumer but below pro.
For my seriously heavy-duty stuff I have a set of AEG professional cordless drills.

And just a fun fact… Ryobi & AEG are part of the same uber-brand. What this means is technology sharing, so over time features & tech from the professional grade AEG gear finds it way into the Ryobi range.

Thanks @Adam_W for your input, but I have already purchased a drill set from Bunnings last month. Thanks again though for your interest and advice. Cheers.

Mjay
Growing in Experience

I've had 2 cordless drills over the years. One I cannot remember the brand, but even after a full charge it would be flat within 20 mins of use.
I now have a Milwaukee drill and driver set, which my son bought me. I use it quite a bit, and am still yet to recharge the batteries from the last charging around 8 months ago!
They are quite expensive, so it would depend on what exactly you are planning on doing on what would be the best to buy.
Mel
Trying
Making a Splash

Hello @Mjay. Many thanks for your advice but I have already purchased my drill. Thanks again for your interest though. Cheers.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Trying

We welcome any additional opinions and experiences on this topic as it is a discussion that will benefit many Workshop members in the future.

Keep the replies coming everyone!

Thanks,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects