Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best tips for spring cleaning

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Best tips for spring cleaning

windows_header.jpg

In December the social calendar starts to get busier, so I'm hoping to get some spring cleaning done this weekend.

The windows will be one of the first targets, but there's plenty of other jobs to be done.

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one trying to clean up this weekend. What are your best tips for spring cleaning to make your chores as quick and easy as possible, and get your house looking great inside and out?

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: Best tips for spring cleaning

I thought this article was funny - I've done a mad dash around the house more than once when I've found out friends or family are popping around in 5 minutes and the house is a mess...

https://www.domain.com.au/living/how-to-fake-clean-your-house-in-15-minutes-20171025-gz82ar/

Hiding stuff in the dishwasher is always a winner. You can also hide stuff in your car if desperate!

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Best tips for spring cleaning

Mold + Mildew- Scrub down the area with a minimum amount of hot soapy water to remove any excess build-up. These eraser pads can help get the ingrained mold out of painted walls etc https://www.bunnings.com.au/mr-clean-melamine-eraser-cleaning-pads-4-pack_p4460198 .
To a 500ml spray bottle add 2 teaspoons of clove oil, then fill the rest with water. Spray this mixture over the effected and surrounding area.
The clove oil kills mold spores and prevents it from returning.
Last time the real estate was around to do an inspection they asked how we keep the mold away un-like the previous tenants. They now recommend this mixture to other tenants with mold issues.
Apart from the fact that it works, the best thing is you don't need to breath in excess amounts of bleach based cleaners.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects