As promised here is your bathroom models.
Things to consider in this configuration:
- Standard washing machine height is 850mm you dont want your vanity too tall otherwise it becomes a pain to reach and use.
- You must have adequate access to the laundry taps. It must be easy enough for you to put the washing machine hoses on and for the machine outlet to be pluged into the plumbing outlet. It looks fantastic but if I have to call a handy man or a plumber to turn the taps off every time there is a leak . . . you may want to consider final position of washing machine taps.
- Plumbing for your vanity sink will be difficult and may need to use special fittings to avoid the washing machine.
- I suggest a sliding cavity door. This will take out the need for a swing area for the door and freeing up space for the toilet.
- I totally agree with closing off the toilet and vanity area to make it as 1 room.
- I kept a part of the wall separating the toilet and the vanity. This wall indicates the minimum space necessary for you to sit in your toilet area and not feel cramped in.
- Best to consult your builder on final position of walls and facilites in that area.
Goodluck and Cheers!
Hi Rohan, I hope your end result.hss turned out good. I would like to ask which programs you have used for the floor plans and for the 3D image as we as about to do some renovations and would love to use this to give us some ideas. Thanks
I used an old program called sketchup 8. It is what I use to sketch all my ideas.
This must be an exciting time for you with your renovation work approaching. I'm sure the Workshop community would love to help you with ideas, advice and inspiration.
I would encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos of your house and some information about your plans. We have loads of experienced members who are happy to share their experience and knowledge.
Welcome to the community,