Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Anyone got some ideas for using the pretty glass panels on bedside table lamps?

Emm1
Finding My Feet

Anyone got some ideas for using the pretty glass panels on bedside table lamps?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Anyone got some ideas for using the pretty glass panels on bedside table lamps?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Emm1. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

If you were able to show us the types of panels you were referencing I trust our creative members can come up with some ideas for you.

Was this similar to the panels you were thinking of?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Re: Anyone got some ideas for using the pretty glass panels on bedside table lamps?

Hi @Emm1 I love the idea of re-using items for a different purpose. Being a bedside lamp these glass panels you mention obviously benefit from having light coming through them. If they can be taken apart and laid flat in some interesting pattern then maybe position them fixed on a board with hole shapes cut out to allow light to shine through. This could then be fitted into a window or backlit with LEDs and framed on a wall or embedded into a table or piece of furniture. You could glue them to an existing piece of clear glass and use them that way. Let your imagination run wild. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers,

Stuart.

That picture is exactly what I'm talking about. It just seems to me that those panels are far too pretty to throw out. Surely someone can come up with something cool to do with them. The only thing I can think of is wind chimes.

I see were you're coming from Stuart, good idea. Only problem is the curve of them makes it difficult to glue them. I'll think about how to frame them somehow. Thank you for you interest.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Emm1,

Windchimes were one of my thoughts also and I think they would look terrific. Another option might be to use the glass from the panels to do some mosaicing. I'm sure there are some quite nice patterns in the glass panels which would allow you to make a beautiful vase or tealight holder.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Nice, very nice. Thank you

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects