Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Age Related Laws in Victoria For The Use of Power Tools

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Age Related Laws in Victoria For The Use of Power Tools

Good morning @Jason and fellow community members.

I was hoping for some advice regarding the laws or restrictions in place regarding what age a minor has to be before they can use power tools corded and uncorded.

I have two very keen up and coming tradies in my son and daughter who regularly use certain tools under my supervision.

I was told that they can't use them until they are 18, so I was hoping someone may have the answer.

Thank you all for your continued support to this awesome community.

Kind regards Rob 👍

Re: Age Related Laws in Victoria For The Use of Power Tools

@Former Workshop member I think you summed it up in a nutshell.

Common sense and a watchful eye.

I'm happy to let my four year old work with so many tool under my supervision. It's all about life skills zc

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Re: Age Related Laws in Victoria For The Use of Power Tools

@gippslandhome  I found this article the other day and thought of you and your article on children, laws and using power tools.

I would be interested to hear for folk think?  I know I would have loved the opportunity to be taught how to use power tools as a child but even now, it would be awesome to have someone like a dad, uncle or a pop teach me how to use certain power tools PROPERLY.  All I can say now days is thanks to YouTube, only wish there were more Aussie guys uploading clips so we're not always having to learn off the Americans.

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects