Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Adjusting gutter slope

LouK
Just Starting Out

Adjusting gutter slope

Hi Everyone.  I need to adjust my gutters to get the correct fall towards downpipe ect.  How do i go about it?? 

Ive attached a photo of my gutters and brackets.  Any advice much appreciated. 

15247120362501624846777.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Adjusting gutter slope

@LouK,

Welcome to Workshop. We're pleased you could join us and trust that you'll be inspired by our community member projects and also receive plenty of helpful advice and information. 

I'm sure members will be able to provide advice to improve your guttering. I take it water is currently pooling at the moment? Let me tag former plumber @LePallet for you, he might like to kick off the replies. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Hi @LouK

How much of the gutter are you wanting fall 

unfortunately You May to or get a roof plumber to take the gutter that is needed off and hopefully adjust it enough with out  taking to Much off 

or another option is add another down pipe in the area where is affected 

LouK
Just Starting Out

We have been working on adding downpipes to eliminate problems.
But 18 metres full length, side of the house runs well apart from the last 1.5 metre forcing it back and to pool in the middle and overflow when raining.
Every corner would hurt to be adjusted to as far as we can see.
I was hoping to be able to do it ourselves by somehow adjusting those brackets. But i cannot find any videos or info on it.
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Yeah I can see what you mean. The only way of adjusting those brackets is taking the gutter out and lifting the bottom of the sheets to re adjust each bracket

Good luck
zallum
Finding My Feet

Hi, i have the same problem and was wondering if you found a fix please?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @zallum,

Welcome to the Workshop community and thanks for joining in the discussion. Let me tag @LouK for you so they are alerted to your question about how they tackled this issue. Unfortunately @LePallet mentioned above that the only options are to remove the guttering to adjust the fall or add a new downpipe where the water is pooling. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thanks, was just curious to see if thats what they chose do do :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects