Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Adding extra attic space to my existing House

Caznkitz
Getting Established

Adding extra attic space to my existing House

Hi 

I came across this wonderful DIY loft resource on your workshop for home improvemnt ideas  DIY loft and I was wondering if there are any other resouces available  for adding a balcony?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Adding extra attic space to my existing House

@Caznkitz,

Welcome to Workshop. I trust you will receive plenty of helpful information and inspiration for your projects from our community members. We have many members who are only too happy to share their knowledge and experience.

I will tag @BIM_Engineer for you - the creator of the loft series of posts you mentioned. Chris is a regular contributor and I'm sure will be happy to assist. 

Do you have any photos or plans at this stage that you can share to help members see what you are working with or have planned? 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@caznktiz it's hard to believe that was done almost a year ago and since then I have designed quite a few. One of the lofts did include a balcony on the gable end to take in the beach views.I'll search around (my HD) and if time permits and if there is enough interest I'll see what I can do. Cheers

Thank you @Jason for the warm welcome
We had initial plans drawn and priced for a first floor extension which turned out to be a waste of time and money so we are now looking for alternate ideas.
I found the DIY Loft on an internet search.
@BIM_Engineer thank you for your reply and we would be keen to explore loft design options, prices and what's required for a partial owner build, our budget is around $30,000 plus
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Caznkitzyou are welcome
Unfortunately, I've checked with the owners they have requested that I not publish their Loft & Balcony Images , Data and 3D Building Information Modelling (BIM), Details,etc
I've left you a PM regarding your project, while giving you limited access to my 3D Model, Data & Costs off forum using a browser add-on.. hth

@BIM_Engineer Thanks for the PM and
@Jason I have past the Loft Series information onto others I hope you don't mind
as it just gets lost among the gardening posts
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for spreading the word @Caznkitz. We welcome new members and encourage the sharing of information. 

BTW, there are many different ways of finding information you are interested in on Workshop. You can use search, browse individual boards, browse by topic, or use a combination of both. You can also subscribe to boards, discussions and/or topics so you receive email notifications whenever new information is posted that you might be interested in.

Let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Thanks again,

Jason

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Jason
I hope you don't mind me spreading the word as well
but if you are interested in doing your own 3D BIM (design) modelling, extracting quantities, ie timber frame lengths,costs, etc, then Plusspec Lite has just been released for Sketchup. I would encourage everyone to have a go, put up & share your 3D designs . Cheers

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Caznkitz,

Just checking in to see if you've made any progress on this exciting project? Please keep us in the loop. I'm sure all of the Workshop community will be keen to see how you proceed. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects