Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

snake proof cat run plus awning window nightmare

djlizzi
Just Starting Out

snake proof cat run plus awning window nightmare

Hi there, I've been trying to either buy an existing run to modify or possibly find bits to build one from scratch but I don't know the best way to do it. I've seen loads of runs while Google searching but I don't really know what materials would be the best to use or what design to run with. Unfortunately there isn't anything coming up for me that promises to be snake proof. To make things more difficult, Im not allowed to get a pet door fitted into a window and the doors don't have flyscreens or security screens. Only 2 or 3 windows have flyscreens but every window in this place I'm renting are awning (wind out) windows. I can't find any connection kit such as a tunnel or joining part that will function as an entry/exit from the bottom of an awning window for my cat. The only thing i can find is some vent kit for one of  those portable air con machines.

Has anyone on here heard of anything available which could help me please? I'm desperate 😞

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: snake proof cat run plus awning window nightmare

Hi @djlizzi,

Welcome to Workshop. We're pleased that you could join us and look forward to seeing your project come to life (hopefully with some assistance and inspiration from our wonderful community members).

You might be interested in these projects that members have previously shared:

• Indoor to outdoor cat tower by @Shannon   

This topic might also be something that the ever-helpful @Brad might like to share his thoughts on.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: snake proof cat run plus awning window nightmare

http://www.petway.com.au/pet-doors-cat-dog-hopper-hatch.html 

image.png2[1].jpg

I would think a Perspex panel would look better then you could use a more standard glass door flap.

Rest of it is relatively easy, a photo would help.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects