Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

instant concrete foundation and modular decking

Dale_S
Just Starting Out

instant concrete foundation and modular decking

Does anyone know if the Deko 250x150x150 instant concrete foundations that Bunnings sell works with the GoodTimes Modular Decking that bunnings also sells.

REason being I am adding a very low level deck to my pool area and the modular decking would do the job nicely. I was thinking of using the Deko product to hold the modular framework of the deck rather than the legs that you can buy for the modular decking.

The ground will be bare soil and I would have to concrete the legs in or buy seconds pavers to put the legs on. If the Deko product works it kills 2 birds with one stone.

Thanks

Dale

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: instant concrete foundation and modular decking

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dale_S. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

The Deko 250 x 150 x 150mm Instant Concrete Foundation Block accepts up to 50mm thick timber in between the locators. The Good Times 1116 x 1116 x 90 x 45mm Frame Modules Flat Pack utilises 45mm thick timber in their frame. They certainly would be compatible dimension wise. You would need to instal an adequate amount of the Deko foundations to support the frame sufficiently.

You'll also need to ensure the soil is compacted sufficiently to support the Deko foundations. It might be a good idea to lay 50-60mm of roadbase and compact the area just to prevent any future subsidence.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects