Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What type of wood is recommended for small backyard decking DIY project?

Satinderchani
Finding My Feet

What type of wood is recommended for small backyard decking DIY project?

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and planning to do decking in my backyard.

All the different hints and tips are welcome and need a some advice on picking decking material please.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What type of wood is recommended for small backyard decking DIY project.

Welcome to the Workshop community @Satinderchani. I'd be happy to kick off the discussion.

For some great inspiration please have a look at Top 10 most popular deck projects on Workshop. They'll give you some wonderful ideas of what your deck could look like.

Here's a D.I.Y. step-by-step tutorial on How to build a deck which you might find helpful in the construction process. There is a great article on Which timber to use for decking that shows the features and benefits of the decking materials Bunnings stocks.

If you need further advice or had some questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What type of wood is recommended for small backyard decking DIY project?

Hi @Satinderchani,

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the community. We trust you will receive loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects from our clever and creative members. 

Once you've had a look at the resources that Mitchell has provided and hopefully chosen a timber for your deck, please don't hesitate to post again with more specific questions about your project. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What type of wood is recommended for small backyard decking DIY project.

Thanks Mitchell,

Thanks for all the information, I'll go through all these topics and will come back  to you if need any further help.

Thanks

Satinder SINGH 

Re: What type of wood is recommended for small backyard decking DIY project?

Thanks Jason,

Thanks for warm welcome.

I'll got through all the resources and will come back to you if need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Satinder SINGH

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects