Workshop
Ask a question

Ideas for your next barbecue

MoonshineBen
Making a Splash

Ideas for your next barbecue

Hey all - what is everyone cooking up this weekend? I'm thinking it's ribs, probably pork, although lamb ribs are pretty on point to smoke at the moment.

What's on your grill or smoker?

Workshop_Ben-Shute_Moonshine-BBQ_JOW-160914-8214.jpg

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au

Re: What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Cheers @Jason, they turned out pretty amazing! A reasonably hot and fast cook, and a drizzle of smoked honey at the end.

wings.jpg

Hey @MoonshineBen, the wings looked delicious! A couple of questions though: what flavour were the wings, and how do you smoke honey?

Thanks @Jackson. I used a rub from another great team on the comp circuit, Suck Knuckle smokers, it was a really flavourful chicken rub. Generally I use the Moonshine BBQ rub.

The smoked honey I use is from these guys - http://www.blendsmokedhoney.com/

@MoonshineBen The bacon is bang on mate. Bit too salty but I'll adjust for next time. Flavour is incredible though. Definitely need a nicer/thicker piece of belly too, this one so thin.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Guys, I don't envy anyone, but please, stop torturing me. :drool:

I tell yah, I could eat my computer monitor, just looking at what you guys make, so if technology introduces smellovision, I'm not buying into it, it'd kill me.

Please please please Santa, can I have a smoker?

Great to hear @ProjectPete. A bigger piece might help with the saltiness too, more distribution.

It certainly looks the goods!

@Andy_Mann have a look on gumtree for a second hand weber kettle - it is the gateway to awesomeness!

BibbyKat
Having an Impact

For me .. unfortunately a bought Bar-B-Q chicken.  Laid up with a wonky knee (too much dancing on Friday night) hahaha

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cooked butterflied lamb on the barbie last night. Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch today. 

@MoonshineBen I see you did some tasty looking chicken. Great work as always!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey @Jason, yes, just some quick chicken this weekend, but turned out amazing. Hit it with some apple smoke and blend smoked honey to finish.

15241194_1485515128142857_1268250414184635668_n.jpg15220102_1485515198142850_6595178239399712388_n.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects