Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the best way to replace this abysmal fence?

jayjayne
Just Starting Out

What is the best way to replace this abysmal fence?

IMG_20200803_131428.jpg

IMG_20200803_131317.jpg

IMG_20200803_131345.jpg

After renovating the interior of our home, we've finally made it to the exterior and garden - and this sad fence needs to be replaced!

We plan to replace it with a fence of similar height and a gate, however we are not sure how to go about it as it's surrounded by cement.

The other side of the gate has cement with odd circular indentations (partially filled) which is an odd situation we need to tackle at a later date!

Eagerly taking suggestions on the best way/materials to replace this atrocity!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the best way to replace this abysmal fence?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jayjayne. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Most fencing solutions should be able to be adjusted to suit the concreted area. That might involve removing small areas of concrete to cement in posts or using angle brackets to Dynabolt it into the concrete.

Were there any particular styles of fencing you had in mind, timber or perhaps Colorbond? Here are our Top 10 most popular fence projects and some member contributions  D.I.Y gate Thanks to Bunnings tutorials by @Tara86New fence by @aly and Merbau side gate and panel by @diy_hausdesigns which might give you some inspiration. Perhaps some of these members might also like to contribute their ideas for your project.

There are also some great articles on D.I.Y fencing and gates available on our website.

We look forward to seeing your project progress and please let us know if you need assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What is the best way to replace this abysmal fence?

Hello @jayjayne 

If you want to get serious with removing this fence you will need this tool below. Once you've taken the old fence away, you can then plan on the new one using new timber, palings and posts. 

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2020-08-03 Cyclone 1650 x 25mm Hex Fencing Bar.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects