Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tiny Housing, the ultimate DIY project

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Tiny Housing, the ultimate DIY project

I'm a huge fan of Tiny Houses, & this YouTube vid shows what can be achieved through resourcefulness & commitment:

NZ$26000 in this day & age for such a charming home, is a showcase of the benefits of shying away from consumerism.

I've never seen a Tiny House vid where to owners are passe', they're proud, & beam with delight that they have a comfortable home, that is affordable, memorable through sweat equity, & the rewards of freeing themselves from the shackles of life suffocating mortgages.

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Tiny Housing, the ultimate DIY project

Not recognized as a suitable dwelling for the location..
Incompatible with surrounding houses..
Bureaucratic nonsense!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I could understand that @Prof if someone is just plonking a container on a block of land and living in it. But surely you can't rule it out if people are just using the container as a building material and building something with it. Eg:

containers-of-hope-1.jpg

Also, I saw in this article that increasing energy costs might drive more people to consider smaller housing - https://www.domain.com.au/living/what-australian-homes-will-soon-look-like-architecture-trends-for-2.... Interesting perspective, as previously the argument seems to have focused on rising land costs. 

Prof
Becoming a Leader

We have some pretty old fuddy duddy politicians over here!!
Way behind the times..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects