Workshop
Ask a question

Putting up festive lights

Ben
Making a Splash

Putting up festive lights

I love the thrill of putting up Festive Lights and turning them on for that very first night. The kids love helping, and the joy in their faces when they first see the lights turned on makes it all worthwhile. 

Here is my house at the moment. I've got about thirty metres of rope lights still to hang, and will share when done.

I'm thinking about running these extra lights along the countours of the roof. Should look very 'TRON' when finished!

before-lights.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: The Joy of Festive Lights

Looks great already @Ben.

Looking forward to seeing it when its finished, and also seeing the handiwork of other Workshop members.

Show us your lights everyone!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ajmod
Building a Reputation

photo.JPG

Looks great Ben! I love Christmas lights too, it really gets you into the festive spirit. My next door neighbour has done the full Griswald this year and created this masterpiece! It really is a show stopper in the street and attracts a crowd every night. It's taken him about a month to install all the lights you see in the photo, but speaking with him just the other day he said he still has more to add! Can't wait to finally see his finished product and i'm sure he's inspired many people in the street to pick up their game next year. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here's some impressive work from neighbours...

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ben,

Have you got any plans for festive lights on your house this year?

Jason

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Christmas lights for Star Wars fans....

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects