Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Soccer kickwall for kids

leighmatt
Finding My Feet

Soccer kickwall for kids

Hi guys, 

I'm very clueless on this kind of thing. 

I'm looking to try and build this:
https://www.kickwalls.com/plans

Would bunnings have all the necessary parts? 
Is there way to specifically order whats required? 
Any idea of cost?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Soccer kickwall for kids

Hey @leighmatt,

Welcome to Workshop, where newbies are more than welcome to join in the discussion. Our ever-helpful and knowledgeable members are sure to help level-up your skills in no time! 

That link you shared looks great and should be everything that @MitchellMc needs to assemble a list of products from Bunnings that would enable you to build it. I'll hand over to him...

Looking forward to seeing you put this together. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Hi @leighmatt here is a link to the relevant section for plywood on the Bunnings site https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/building-hardware/building-boards/non-structural-plywood

So, yes they do have all the required bits and pieces. Timber is buy in store only. However, what you could do is print out those plans and go speak to someone in the trade area (the plans need converting to metric 1” = 25mm). They should be able to help you get the right quantity of plywood, and you can get straight cuts done on the big saw. The relevant screws etc (fixings) are located in the hardware section. Those plans are not the clearest of explanations either, but I did a quick search of Youtube and there are few videos for constructing a soccer kickball (re-bounder) - some similar to the one you’ve got there.

Hope this helps to get you started, cheers Deb :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @leighmatt. It would be great to assist you in ordering the parts.

Here's a list I have put together of the required items. If you take the I/N numbers to a team member in-store, they will be happy to assist you in organising the materials. The I/N is located on the product page above the price.

Ecoply 2400 x 1200 x 19mm Cd Structural  cut down to 110cm x 67.5cm (1sheet can make 3 boards)

Non Structural Pine 90 x 45mm 3.0m x 4

140 x 45mm MGP10 untreated pine timber framing 4.5m x 1 

Zenith 14g x 85mm Timber Screws  x 2 Packs

Buildex 14g x 50mm Timber Screws x 1 Pack

The price comes to $228.66. The plywood is a major factor in the price but is big enough to make 3 boards. Perhaps a friend would be interested in making one too?

I hope this list assists you in the construction of the kickboard. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects