Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small city courtyard in a rental house

KGriff1
Growing in Experience

Small city courtyard in a rental house

I have a tiny little courtyard at home that we weren't using enough because we just had too much stuff in it. We've also got a dog so wanted to give her some space too. This is a rental so what we can do was limited.

We decided to get rid of our big old timber setting as we used it so infrequently and get a new one. Love our new 'pod', which can actually seat 4-5 people when pulled apart and has it's own shade and side table that you can store under one of the seats.

IMG_0613.JPG

My husband comes from the countryside so he wanted some green in the garden. Neither of us are great keeping plants alive so decided to go with some fake turf tiles and a palm that both are easy to maintain and look pretty good we think!

There were some pretty ugly looking fence panels that were light green which we wanted to cover up. We did this really cheaply with some reed screen fencing (we didnt quite have enought - grrr!) and they are held up with the Garden-Up pots that are filled with succulents that need minimal care! We decided to keep our lights up after Christmas as they looked so pretty at night.

IMG_0616.JPG

We also used some of the Whites hanging basket hooks to keep our outdoor beanbags out of the way when they are not being used. These are hung over the dog shed to maximise our limited space.

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

Next job is to get that little bit of decking looking good. Any ideas where to start?!

IMG_0614.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Small city courtyard in a rental house

Many thanks for sharing @KGriff1. I'm sure other community members will be inspired by what you have done. It is often difficult to deal with small spaces and especially in rental properties. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you as part of the community. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your projects and plans, and hope you also learn and are inspired by other community members. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects