Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Show off your Bunnings snags

Micky72
Getting Established

Show off your Bunnings snags

Got this Bunnings sausage today at the Nunawading store.

I give it a 9/10 - it just needed to be a bit more crispy to get a 10/10.

1662582E-5B17-48F8-9ACE-7C47698A5F27.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Show off your Bunnings snags

Welome to Workshop @Micky72. I hope you get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our community members. Please let us know if you ever need a hand with anything.

That sausage in bread certainly looks good. Lots of onion and sauce, and mustard as well! We might make this the official Workshop thread about sausages from Bunnings community sausage sizzles, which are fantastic fundraisers for local community groups.

I would encourage you to have a good look around this Outdoor discussion board, you will find lots of conversation about improving your own barbecue cooking. Perhaps you'd also like to start a new discussion and share what you've been cooking lately on your barbecue at home, or ask a question if you need some advice.

Thanks for joining in the discussion,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Saucebot was the star of the show at a recent sausage sizzle at the Hawthorn Bunnings store. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apparently Saucebot was back at the Hawthorn store on the weekend.

News.com.au says the device was conceived by Melbourne’s Connected Community Hackerspace (CCHS) and uses a repurposed 3D printer, a couple of pumps designed from scratch and made on a laser cutter, some oversized switches, and code written by one of the members.

Jason

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Bunnings Snag mid week that's unheard of ?????

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

20220611_112246.jpg

 This was 2 Saturdays ago at Pimpama, I call it Sausage Sizzles Saturdays when I'm there.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Anyone remember CHOICE magazine back in the late '90s when they did a survey on beef sausages in the Sydney area?

In the end of a lengthy report they recommended no supplier at all  - instead saying the humble Australian sausage could not be regarded "as a source of food."

Caused an outrage - and made the National News.

I think (have to Google) snags were originally marketed as "Surprise Packages."

Have we improved?

😁

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

After around 15 years of working the weekends in-store, I can tell that sausage is just about perfect @CSParnell. Just how I like them, not burnt but a little crispy. If the onions were also slightly caramelised, then it would rate a 9/10 for me.

Mitchell

It's my weekend on this Sat so I'll see how they Stack up for Sausage Sizzle Saturday.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

The story is dated - but have we now forced the Brits to enjoy the humble snag?  🤔

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/industries/retail/bunnings-ill-fated-push-conquer-britain-hits-major...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects