Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Seeking pool renovation ideas

dallasclark
Growing in Experience

Seeking pool renovation ideas

Hi all,

First project in the new house.

I'm seeking some ideas to transform the pool area and making it the central feature as you walk out into the back patio. I'm not entirely sure on budget yet, this is major project #1 of #5 so I can't spend too much.

I have thought about building a deck and cover the broken concrete pebble areas on the side of the pool, but not entirely sure on the impact it will have with pool fencing requirements and whether or not I'm allowed to increase the distance between the pool water and the side of the pool.

Would be nice to have a deck that joins the back door and extends out and around the pool. Hopefully I can do this without having to lift the patio concrete up?

Thanks !

Dallas

IMG_0308.jpgIMG_0309.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0323.JPGIMG_0324.JPG

Re: Seeking Pool Renovation Ideas

My tip is to replace as much of you the old tube/ metal fence with frameless glass as possible. We diy ed it at easter and it looks amazing. Much cheaper than you think

Re: Seeking Pool Renovation Ideas

Thanks for sharing your experience @needtoknow. We look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need assistance or have something to share.

Welcome to the community,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects