Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Securing SunTuf handiroll for greenhouse build

topper
Building a Reputation

Securing SunTuf handiroll for greenhouse build

Gday everyone,

I'm currently building a greenhouse and picked up this polycarbonate sheet.

7c0d3187-ac9e-4b75-a998-9da919f50b5c.jpg

 i was going to secure it with these, however, I didn't realise how thick it was 

images (5).jpeg

 but I'm guessing that won't work, as I was expecting the sheets to be like this:

images (4).jpeg

 so has anyone used the thick SunTuf stuff? Should I return it and find the thin stuff?

If I stick with the thick stuff, how do I secure it? Screws?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: securing SunTuf handiroll

Hi @topper,

Many thanks for your question I'd be happy to assist. I believe the Pryda fixings would still work well with the Suntuf. They might be a little hard to get started but once the nails have penetrated the sheet they should fix it quite well. Personally, I would stick with the Suntuf as it is UV protected, won't disintegrate like thinner plastics and when buffeted by the wind it won't tear. You could certainly fix it with screws and you might want to pre-drill it first to ensure no tear-outs.

We look forward to hearing about your project coming together and please let us know if you require further assistance or would like to share your project with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
topper
Building a Reputation

Thank you kindly.

Can you recommend any kind of... Filler/sealer for inbetween two (poorly sawn) marine ply sheets.... As in they're side by side and the gap changes depending on my bad cut

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @topper,

If you are planning on painting the plywood then I would suggest Polyfilla 450g Exterior Timber Filler. You don't need to paint over this filler, however, it is a pine coloured filler and won't necessarily match your marine ply colouring precisely.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
topper
Building a Reputation

Cheers mate. I'll give it a shot.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects