Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Privacy fencing

Toot
Just Starting Out

Privacy fencing

Hi my names "Toot". No partner 61 yrs young. I am a foster carer for an eight yr old girl who is the apple of my eye. I want to tackle putting on an privacy extension on a aluminium fence. Yes I see them in Bunnings but I don't know if I can attach it to aluminium. I don't have a lot of cash so it's up to me try tackle on my own.

Has anyone tackled this before and is it complicated ? I have googled u tube but no luck. It's about aluminium or wood fencing.

Thanks in advance Toot

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Privacy fencing

Hi @Toot,

Welcome to Workshop. It’s fantastic to have you join us. I’m sure you will learn a lot from our members, and get inspired by their creations.

I’m also sure helpful members like @Brad will be able to help with this problem.  

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

What kind of extension were you thinking of @Toot?

You could easily add some lattice. Lattice is often a good option because it's light and easy to add to a fence, you can train plants to grow on it, and it is very difficult to climb as its not strong enough, so good for security. It doesn't tend to last though....

Is the problem that you're not sure how to drill/attach anything to the aluminium?

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Got the bits coming tomorrow to replace trellis so I look like getting some experience with screen up and decretive screens. Forgot to add the bag of cement though to my order...

Next door did some of the trellis top and managed to get a 15 deg lean on it, won't be asking him for any help.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Toot

Just wanted to let you know that @Brad has now shared his new metal screen. See https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor-Living/Screen/m-p/15804

How is your project going?

Please post again if you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects