Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Preventing possums from eating produce

johnpietila

Preventing possums from eating produce

how can Brisbane residents prevent possums eating their garden produce?

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Preventing possums from eating produce

Welcome to Workshop @johnpietila

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with possums. What are you growing that they like to eat? I'm sure Workshop members will be happy to help. There's also plenty of tips in this older discussion - Your tips for keeping possums away.

Feel free to post on Workshop anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We look forward to reading about your projects and plans, and are confident that our community will provide plenty of helpful tips, information and inspiration along the way. 

Let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

All the best,

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
Moderator Deanna

Hi @johnpietila

I'm a wildlife rescuer/carer and I currently have two possums rehabilitating in my backyard  LOL

Have a read of this article as it has some good suggestions:
Living with Possums

Good luck!

Deanna 

Show everyone what inspires you at the Workshop Gallery
greygardener
Valued Contributor

What are they eating @johnpietila? Can you tell us a bit about your vegie garden so we can provide some advice? Have you tried nets or any deterrents so far? Odour repellants can work.

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects