Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pressure cleaner on deck?

Baz
Growing in Experience

Pressure cleaner on deck?

I am about to clean and then re-oil my deck. It’s a pretty large area. I don’t have a pressure cleaner, should I get one? I don’t think it will be as good as getting on hands and knees scrubbing with deck clean, as it can be a bit uneven. But perhaps it might be good to do before the scrub, or maybe after? Do you use a pressure cleaner on your deck?

Ben
Making a Splash

Re: Pressure cleaner on deck?

Baz I'd definitely go with the pressure cleaner!

I use one on my deck a couple of times a year.  First go over is with the deck-cleaning attachment, then with the standard pressure sprayer nozzle for all the little nooks and crannies.

For my annual 'big deck clean', I pressure spray first, then get on hands and knees and scrub with the brush and chemical deck cleaner.

The combination of both gets the deck especially thirsty to absorb a new coat of deck stain! 

For the smaller clean in the colder months I just use the pressure sprayer.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Pressure cleaner on deck?

I borrow a pressure cleaner to get rid of as much dirt and grime as possible, then scrub by hand, then spray again to get rid of the deck clean. You have to be a little careful with this last step as the deck cleaner is pretty toxic so you don't want to get it on your lawn and/or garden. You're not going to be able to get away from the scrubbing by hand - it's the only way to ensure you get an even result.  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects