Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pool before and after

2Belindas
Making a Splash

Pool before and after

12628030_721443147991925_927401473_n(1).jpg
Creating a beautiful home on a budget
2Belindas
Making a Splash

Re: Latest reno project. Pool before and after

So here is our latest renovation project.  We are converting this huge old mansion in the southern suburbs of Sydney into a 2 x 4 bedroom dual occupancy, by reconfiguring the interior and adding a double garage.

We will live in the end with the pool and spa, then rent (or allow our kids or parents to occupy) the other end.

While the DA plans were being approved, we got stuck into finishing off the pool, which had been left in this state of disrepair for about 12 years.  

The smelly muck we shovelled off the bottom.  Yuk!!

They are the same coping tiles in both photos.  A day on the gerni worked wonders.

JRRed
Building a Reputation

Re: Pool before and after

Unfortunately my pool was beyond the guerni.

All the pebblecrete cracked and started falling off.  Nothing to be done but grind it off and re-render it.  

I decided to add some waterline tiles to enhance the look.

I think you'll agree it was worth it!

before.jpgafter.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow, fantastic transformation @JRRed. Great work and many thanks for sharing. We're looking forward to seeing more of your handiwork soon.

Welcome to the Workshop community. We have heaps of clever and creative members sharing helpful advice and inspiring projects every day, so we're sure you'll fit right in! Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need assistance with anything or have something new to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
2Belindas
Making a Splash

Great job @JRRed Thats a huge transformation.  Your pool looks very inviting and I love the new coping tiles, plus what you did by extending the deck.

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Wow this looks amazing @2Belindas  You have given me the incentive to get in and repair the outside of mine.  On nowhere near this scale though.  Mine so far has just been about creating a garden around the back area of the pool.  As there wasn't the room for normal growth of fruit trees I have started growing them espalier *(along trellises) as there isn't the room for the standard kind.  Then I will have to repair the coping *(the concrete edge around the pool) I think that's what they call it.  Still not 100% sure which way I will go, but it won't be more concrete, I hate the stuff.

Great to see more women hard at work leading examples for the younger ladies of ours coming along.

Old-gal24

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects