Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Do you barbecue in winter?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Do you barbecue in winter?

Hi everyone,

On the front page you'll notice that we have a new feature on Workshop - discussion polls. We will update the polls regularly and hope you enjoy participating. 

The early results from our first poll suggest Workshop members might be a little soft! Don't forget to add your vote and feel free to discuss the topic by replying below. 

Jason

SausagesBBQ.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ken1951
Finding My Feet

Re: Poll: Do you barbecue in winter?

Hi

I BBQ all year round nearly every night on my Weber Q beats using the oven and griller i am on my Back deck under cover i just like 

cooking outdoors i just purchased a smoker but it can not go under or in my back deck area concrete outside near my pool but hey

Smoking Properly takes 3 to 4 Hours so still a Junior at this one.

Nothing like a BBQ and a nice cold beer or two even in Winter ( can't understand people that state you do not do BBQ's in winter )

Summer is usually to damn hot you just feel like Deli Cold Meats and Salads anyway that's my opinion 

Cheers

Ken

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ken1951.

It's great to have you join us and fantastic to hear that you're outside on the barbeque even in the cooler months.  I too find myself not particularly wanting to stand over a hot barbie during summer. We look forward to hearing about the projects around your house and garden and encourage you to let us know anytime you need assistance or have a project to share with the community.

Mitchell

Absolutely! BBQ all year round but it does get more of a workout in Summer.

Had neighbours around yesterday and did some flame grilled chicken, lowish-n-slowish beef, and some good o' sausages. Always a treat.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

We BBQ all year round.

One thing I like when standing at the BBQ in winter is the warmth that comes off it. 

Oh and less flies in winter!

MoonshineBen
Making a Splash

Definitely! Longer lower and slower cuts are the go for winter. Perfect to sit by the firebox.

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au
sydneysider
Building a Reputation

absolutely, our weber q gets a good workout across the year. Nice to stand next to it in winter too....  we have a covered deck so can use it in all weathers

I slow cooked a brisket yesterday and some corn bread for the first time. No complaints from the family! 

What have you been cooking lately?

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects