Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Plumbing Connected Downpipe

kalradeepak
Growing in Experience

Plumbing Connected Downpipe

Hello everyone

Is there any adaptor available to connect downpipe to storm pipe. Please see attached image. It's little bit angle so straight pipe will not fitIMG_0376.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Plumbing Connected Downpipe

Hi @kalradeepak,

There are adaptors for this purpose but they are fairly limited with the degree at which they can change the direction. Commonly you'll find them in 45-degree angles and the angle you need to achieve appears less than that. In this circumstance, you could try a Reln Stretch Ag Pipe 100mm Downpipe Adaptor. You'll need to check that the adaptor suits the pipe and downpipe sizing.

Alternatively, you would need to modify the bottom of the steel downpipe to achieve the angle desired. This would involve slicing up the downpipe with tin snips and then bending the sides to the suit the angle.

The only concern I have is, not only does the angle not look correct, the inlet in the ground looks deformed. Also, is there a reason for the stone behind the pipe?

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc 

I have put the stone to create that angle so water can go into the pipe. Yes pipe inlet in the ground is deformed but I guess in order to fix that I need to cut the concrete?

Also do you have any suggestion to fix the blockage due to hard soil in the storm pipe? Is Ryobi water pressure will help? Also any drain snake you can recommend 

Sorry for so many questions just moved to the house so trying fixing things one by one wherever I can  

Hi @kalradeepak,

I think we would need to see a picture of how deformed the pipe is to provide an answer on how it might be fixed.

A Ryobi water pressure cleaner comes with a solid nozzle that you'll only be able to put down the hole 50cm or so. Unless the blockage is right at the surface I don't think it will assist at all. You might like to try a Kinetic 6mm x 4m Gun Type Drain Cleaning Tool, but once again it will only reach 4 meters into the pipe. If there are roots located further down the pipe it will be hard to dislodge them.

Since you have two plumbing related issues it could be worth getting a quote from a plumber as to how much it would cost to have the downpipe reconnected and the drain cleared.

Mitchell

Yesterday I have purchase this one I think I took it by mistake. I haven't opened it and thinking to return and get k2-full-control instead k2 plus

https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-1400w-1750psi-k2-plus-high-pressure-cleaner_p6270694

https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-k2-full-control-home-pressure-cleaner_p6270818?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-Oe...

@MitchellMc do you know technically which one is better?

Also I have purchased but hose is all back and not yellow it's been shown?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-high-pressure-cleaner-pipe-cleaning-kit_p6274542

Hi @kalradeepak,

Both the Karcher 1400W 1750PSI K2 Plus High Pressure Cleaner and Karcher K2 Full Control Home Pressure Cleaner are rated at 1400 Watts and 1750 PSI so the machines are basically identical specifications. It appears the main difference is that one includes the patio cleaning head. The Karcher High Pressure Cleaner Pipe Cleaning Kit might now be black. If you can provide details on what you have purchased or a picture of the box I can confirm if it is the same.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects