Workshop
Ask a question

Planter wall

Petalcake59
Finding My Feet

Planter wall

I want to have a flower wall. I need what is the best way to attach the panels of artificial leaves to a masonary wall.

Do I use Plastic Lattice that I have seen at Bunnings or drill them straight into wall. Don't want to creat any cracks.

Would it be better to attach them to a panel of ply and paint the ply the same colour as the wall and then attach ply to

wall and attach leaf panels to the ply. Stumped.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: Planter Wall

Hi @Petalcake59,

Are you using these? https://www.bunnings.com.au/un-real-50-x-50cm-artificial-hedge-tile-golden-box_p2941662

If so, they are very light so I would just use wall anchors and stainless screws straight into the wall. 

Thank you so much I think you has just solved my problem. I didn;t know they had these at Bunnings. I will be going down

today to have a look.

Thank you very helpful.

Thank you for your help. I have been on the web to Bunnings to see what they had with these panels and have decided to use
a 100x100 square with pink flowers on it.
Had Hire a Hubby round today did a measure so all I need is the panels. They are Special Order so will have to go down sometime this weekend
and place an order for them. All is well with my project.
Thank you for the advice.

Looking forward to seeing how it comes together @Petalcake59. Let me know if you need a hand uploading some photos. It would be great to see what you achieve.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dtobin
Just Starting Out

Vertical planter wall ..how do you attach the Terra cottage pots to the wooden wall?
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dtobin,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. My apologies that your post didn't receive a reply during my absence from Workshop. I suspect other members weren't clear what you were referring to. Could you please provide some more detail? Was it this popular vertical garden project by @Darren featuring terracotta pots? Even if it wasn't, Darren's project might give you some inspiration and ideas. There's also a great vertical planter design by @redracer01 in the discussion on wheelchair accessible garden boxes.    

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the community. We're really pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects