Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pets

Highlighted

Pets

CAn anyone tell me if Bunnings let you take a dog into the store?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pets

Hi @javajatz,

Welcome to Workshop, an online community for D.I.Y. and gardening discussion. We're really pleased you could join us and are sure you will receive lots of inspiration and helpful advice from our members. We look forward to reading about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. 

I can answer your question for you on this occasion as there's detail on the Story Entry Information page on the Bunnings website. It says that pets are permitted if secured safely in a vehicle, on a lead and wearing a muzzle, or carried. Of course, assistance animals are always welcome. If you have more specific questions, I would encourage you to use the Contact Us page on the Bunnings website or enquire at your local store. 

Thanks again for joining us,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Pets

I work for Bunnings. The regulations changed in 2015 and the new policy is basically saying your dog can be allowed in without a muzzle if secured in a trolley. If the dog is not in a trolley or is being carried it needs to wear a muzzle. I had a gentlemen come into work today and he uses a carpet tile to put in the trolley for his dog to sit on which I thought was brilliant. Most people use flattened cardboard boxes, however, the genius idea has made me put the idea forward and suggest that all stores have carpet tiles at the doors available for customer use whilst in the store.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects