Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet furniture - Outdoor lounge & coffee table

DIYology
Having an Impact

Pallet furniture - Outdoor lounge & coffee table

B256C07C-2937-4CBD-9DDC-B2A17EFC93EF.jpeg

I made this some time ago using pallets.

It’s so rewarding to see the look on people’s faces when they realised they are sitting on furniture you’ve mate made using throw-away pallets.

The cushions were store bought, and the coffee table now has a glass top on it.

If you would like some ideas or tips on how to make your own pallet furniture, please don’t hesitate to ask.  

** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pallet Furniture Project - Outdoor Lounge & Coffee Table

Great work @DIYology, many thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to seeing other projects you have completed - you obviously have plenty of skills and creativity. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve it. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@DIYology What an awesome project! That shade of green really sets everything off nice!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks mate, it was a fun project with plenty of scope for alteration to fit everyone’s individual needs / sizes. 

** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **
Becca93
Just Starting Out

Re: Pallet furniture - Outdoor lounge & coffee table

Hello, I am looking to make something super similar. Could you please tell me how many pallets you used & where you bought the cushions from?

Thank you! :laugh:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

All the best with the project @Becca93. We look forward to seeing how it turns out. Let me tag @DIYology for you so he is alerted to your question.

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're sure that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for your projects from our clever and creative members. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Becca, 

Thanks for your question and welcome to Workshop. When I built these I was lucky enough to have an unlimited supply of pallets so I used 2 pallets for the bottom that I simply screwed together, and 1 that I cut down for the back, so I total of 3 pallets every 1.2m section. I didn’t screw then together to make them easy to move and more modular. The corner needed 2 backs therefore I used 4 pallets for that. 

At the time Bunnings we’re not selling cushions so if I was making this project again I would have gone to Bunnings. However I purchased my cushions from Rob Cousins outdoor furniture which has since closed down. 

Hope this helps. 

-Adam 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects