Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen

Christos
Cultivating a Following

Outdoor kitchen

Outdoor Kitchen
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor Kitchen, it has taken me some time to finish and has now given us a whole new room outsi

Wow, that looks amazing @Christos. I would love to come to your place for a meal. What's your specialty?

Many thanks for sharing and welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you as part of the community. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ben
Making a Splash

Re: Outdoor Kitchen, it has taken me some time to finish and has now given us a whole new room outsi

Wowee! You've put my trusty bbq to shame @Christos. Man cave meets outdoor kitchen - I love it!

T-Bear
Growing in Experience

That is absolutetly stunning mate!  

Awesome use of outsdoor space :smile:

MazPert
Getting Established

Re: Outdoor kitchen

@Christos 

Hi Christos great job.  Just wanted to ask how you find the rangehood above the BBQ does it work efficiently and effectively.  I'm in the process of starting an alfresco room and was considering installing a rangehood above the BBQ but have had mixed advice with BBQ hoods that the smoke escapes from the front as soon as you open it and doesn't get extracted by the rangehood.  Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MazPert,

How efficient and effective the rangehood is will depend on several factors including how high the rangehood is positioned, how far from the wall it extends out, the extraction fan rating and how contained the alfresco area is.

A BBQ hood is not sealed air-tight, so any smoke being generated inside will be leaking out constantly and the rangehood will extract it from the area as it does. Ideally, unless the food is burning or you are doing some serious charcoaling you shouldn't generally be getting a hood full of smoke. The same principle applies in the kitchen though, if you burn food in the oven and open the door, then the rangehood will have difficulty extracting all the smoke in one plume.

A rangehood not only extracts smoke, but it removes steam carrying fats and grime which otherwise will settle on the surrounding area. They also have a conveniently located light source to provide illumination whilst cooking.

If you need further assistance or have questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Christos
Cultivating a Following

Hi, the rangehoods sit 650mm above the BBQ and Stove, any higher than that then it wont extract properly and any lower than that can be problematic. It copes well with normal BBQing, if you are cooking with lots of fat or smoking and things flare up, then I don't recommend, unless you get a commercial grade unit, which do sit higher. You must always keep the filters clean as they do absorb a lot more fat, that is a must. If you do have a flare up, they can catch alight, so must always be kept clean. My area is quite open and airy as well which does help....hope that helps.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects