Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor daybed swing

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Outdoor daybed swing

92D550C4-2241-4ED3-824D-DF9591ADBB55.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor daybed swing

Looks like a great spot for relaxing, reading or a cuddle with a loved one @LePallet. Great work as always. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
blueeyes
Finding My Feet

I love this. Something so simple looks so good. Thanks for sharing this as I will be my first project. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @blueeyes,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. Great to see you have been inspired by one of @LePallet's many fantastic creations. Please let us know if you need a hand with anything. We are looking forward to seeing how it comes together.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Day bed swing using recycled timber

5CFED32D-1642-45CC-BBB1-ED5519907221.jpegThis was such a fun project to make. I had the vision is my head but with not having any plans or measurements, it was all made up on the spot and make it all fall into place.

The swing was made from recycled timber which was cleaned, sanded smooth, and finished off with timber oil that is suitable for outdoors to fight the UV. 
There will be an outdoor mattress with cushions made to suit as well. 

And for the rope selection, this was a tough one as I was trying to work out what thickness rope would be most suitable for this swing. I didn’t want to go too thin but didn’t want to go too thick. I managed to find a guy who sold this 40mm rope and was able to loop the top ends as well which saved me time in doing it myself as there are DIY ways of doing this over on Pinterest and YouTube. 

hope you guys like this one as much as I do

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Re: Day bed swing using recycled timber

C12BB449-93F0-46C0-9BA6-46AD0C7DCE57.jpeg

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@LePallet  Fantastic project!

It's really completed the look with that rope, well worth getting the selection right.

How did you attach it with the 'loose knot' effect?

Mitchell

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Love this!

Very well done. :smile:

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Much appreciated your lovely feedback.

and good luck to your first build 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects