Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor cat palace - The Taj Mahal House hahahahah

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

Outdoor cat palace - The Taj Mahal House hahahahah

Well the time has come to build a nice outdoor cat run house thingy lol, we have 2 Beautiful Ragdolls and our little Black Smoke Maine Coon should be born in another month so time to get into the run, dug it out the other day, and got into spreading it and the start of boxing it out, mesh coming in Monday or Tuesday and hopefully will pour next Saturday.......

have a rough idea how the house will look, but i might wing it alittle also as we get into it, it will loosely measure 6meters x 3.5meters and about 2.4 tall

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Out Door Cat House

Hi @TheSaltyreefer.

What a fantastic project as outdoor cat enclosures have been especially topical at the moment. Can I ask what type of mesh you have ordered and do you plan on constructing the frame from timber?

I'm sure many community members will be waiting with bated breath for this project to be completed!

Thanks for sharing and please do keep us updated as you progress.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc 

At this stage it will be the frame will be primarily gal steel no timber.

I am looking at a few options with mesh, will more than likely go with 10mmx10mm 3 meter sheets, it will have a partial back wall of colourbond smooth cream to match the studio and a partial roof suntuf and then as I go I will probs change it a dozen times, build some stuff tear it down and just play around :smile: 
Pour the concrete on Saturday and we will then go slow and steady 
:smile:

Hi @TheSaltyreefer.

That sounds great, I look forward to seeing it all come together!

Mitchell

Bit of fun started at 530am this morning, all came together nicely, and we now have a sexy pad to work on

Hi @TheSaltyreefer.

It's great to see your project coming together so quickly. What's the next step to be completed?

Many thanks for sharing, I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to the next instalment.

Mitchell

Made any more progress on the palace @TheSaltyreefer?

Looking forward to seeing an update soon.

Jason

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @TheSaltyreefer,

We'd love to see how the cat palace is looking now.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects