Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor bench for alfresco

Aussie-Garden
Becoming a Leader

Outdoor bench for alfresco

G'day everyone.

We have 6 kids and the outdoor table gets crowded and if Grandparents visit, there's not enough room.

I've made this, so 3 kids can sit comfortably on bar stools. Kids are calling it the Breakfast Bar, although they've spent every night out there so far and will pretty much eat lunch and dinner out there.

The Colorbond is 2 off cuts from our roof, when the house was built. 

All other materials are from Bunnings, including the white rocks to fill the gap at the base.

I am not a handyman at all and this is the first time I have built something like this. I'm pretty stoked.

Didn't have a plan and just went with the flow.

The rear of it will have planter boxes with herbs and various other plants, although I am thinking adding shelves and closing it in with a door to use it as storage my gardening stuff.

Once I find enough pallets, I'm going to do a deck going out from this which will have a fire pit and planter boxes.

Seats 3 comfortably on bar stools.Seats 3 comfortably on bar stools.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: I made a thing!

It's because you built it! It must be used!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats @Aussie-Garden, you've done a great job. Sounds like it's certainly got a big thumbs up from the kids.

Looking forward to seeing what you produce next.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Very very nice @Aussie-Garden 

I love the work and can imagine it will get alot of use for many of years.

If you ever want some ideas or help with your planter boxes let me know and I will be more than happy to help as this is something I do regularly now.

Keep the pictures coming, we love it.

Kind regards Rob 👍

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

HI @Aussie-Garden 

There's a saying, "a thing of beauty is a joy forever" I think we all experience that when we DIY something that turns out great and is well used and loved.

Well done.

Amen to that one @Aussie-Garden   So very well said @Stuardo  so I have to say "DITTO"

As long as we have a go, at least we tried.  Not everything turns out purrrfect...

Cheers

Old Gal

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects