Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor Kitchen

John1
Having an Impact

Outdoor Kitchen

Have a small kitchen indoors as we live in Queensland and would really like to spend more time outside under the patio which is a descend size square meters. It isn't enclosed but thinking about using clear blinds. Would really like to hear from the normal everyday do it yourselfer and not the deep pocket champagne type. so please give me your ideas and if possible photos so I can see your creation.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

@John1

You're a champion mate, there definitely is room for more awareness of depression, as it's not a logical condition.

A glaring aspect of depression which isn't known to those who don't suffer from it, is that there may be no desire to do what we love doing, or be alongside who we really love. I can also attest that I haven't met a person with depression that I haven't liked/loved.

A big kiss & hug from me to Pam, who obviously understands, loves, & is there for you.

We are both very lucky blokes to have the support of lovely wives.

@andymann, me too. Perhaps working/creating with our hands is something we've discovered to be helpful - I know I have. I will never let depression define me. I am so much more than my illness. And on a lighter note - a hike around my Bunnings store always makes my heart sing. Cheers.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for all your posts. As this discussion has now strayed away from John's original question I have closed it from new comments. John, feel free to start a new discussion if you want further advice and suggestions about your proposed outdoor kitchen.

I also wanted to remind Workshop members that support is always available for anyone who ever feels distressed. 

The following services are available for Australian community members:

Lifeline - 24 hour telephone counselling - 131 114

beyondblue – Immediate support and information about depression, anxiety and related substance abuse disorders, treatments and help - 1300 224 636

SANE Helpline - mental illness information, support and referral - 1800 187 263

Salvation Army - 24 hour telephone counselling - 1300 363 622

Men’s Line Australia - 24 hour telephone counselling - 1300 789 978

Kids Helpline - under 18 years of age - 1800 551 800

ReachOut - Support for young people

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects