Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Options for building a shelter for my dog who is too big for any commercially available kennel?

KWalt
Just Starting Out

Options for building a shelter for my dog who is too big for any commercially available kennel?

I have recently moved into a new house and need to build a shelter for my dog in case it rains while I am at work. The trouble is that 6 inches into the ground is all concrete slab, so I cannot install any posts for a pergola or similar. Does anyone have any suggestions for an affordable solution?

Thanks in advance!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: WhatAreMyOptions building a shelter for my dog who is too big for any commercially available ken

Welcome to the Workshop community @KWalt. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

Is there any reason why we couldn't use the slab to fix the posts for your shelter to? There are plenty of post stirrup options which would allow us to directly Dynabolt a Pryda 200 x 100mm Heavy Duty Galvanised Full Stirrup Post Anchor into the slab. This would provide a solid mounting point to start building the shelter up from.

I look forward to hearing what our other helpful community members ideas are on the project.

If you need any additional information or require assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects