Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New fence

aly
Making a Splash

New fence

Just this week we finally got our old dilapidated fence replaced!

When we moved into our first home late last year the fence was in a poor condition but recent strong winds really tested it’s strength and the front completely fell down.

We’re absolutely stoked with the result and happy to have a much more secure yard for our dog to enjoy.

My partner is rather sold on the idea of oiling the fence and I’m still wondering whether we should paint it. Both should be a relatively easy option.

Would love any suggestions on oiling/painting.

Here are some before and after shots.

Front yardFront yard

Back yardBack yard

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New fence

Hi @aly,

Looks great!

If you are considering painting, make sure you check out this previous Workshop discussion - Fence makeover

Like @KingStreetReno, I used a spray gun to paint our fence - very quick and easy. 

I'm sure other Workshop members will be happy to provide tips and advice. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
aly
Making a Splash

Wow thanks for the inspo @Jason. The dark tones really make the greenery stand out don't they! I'll be sure to show my partner and see if this changes his mind on oiling the fence. Maybe some colour will liven the yard up more...

Grub80
Making a Splash

Hi @aly great looking fence replacement. Just recently I have renovated my wooden fence, 2 panels to go! Like your old one, very weathered and grey, so cleaned and used decking stain, purchased from Bunnings. I’m impressed with the results. Nearly finishedNearly finished

Cleaned, then stainedCleaned, then stained

Great product, Bunnings timber stain, Feast WatsonGreat product, Bunnings timber stain, Feast Watson

aly
Making a Splash

Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing @Grub80 !

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects