Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Naked Pool System - feedback sought

ProjectPete
Trusted Contributor

Naked Pool System - feedback sought

Hi peeps - just came across this Naked Pool System which means freshwater swimming :grin:

Just wondering if anyone has an experience/feedback on this system before I get too excited about getting one and ridding my skin of harsh chemicals.

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @homeprojectco
Kermit
Trusted Contributor

Re: Naked Pool System - feedback sought

Is there much of a price premium @ProjectPete?

Although I reckon salt pools are great, freshwater sounds brilliant!

ProjectPete
Trusted Contributor

Around $3k for the sanitiser/"chlorinator" alone. A quality chlroinator is usually around the $900-$1100 mark. So quite a premium.

----------
Handy and helpful
cadsman
Budding Contributor

I'm Building a natural pool based on the European model of plants and sand filtering. Will line with luxapool epoxy finish, pond green colour to mimic a creek pond. No chemicals, just bioremediation pool, and Aquaponic principals for disinfection. Oxygenation to replace Chlorination as the disinfectant, a bit of salt every now and then. Will have completed by this Xmas ready for the grandrugrats.😜
ProjectPete
Trusted Contributor

I'm intrigued @cadsman. I'm about to paint my pool, just waiting on the weather to sort itself out.

PS I've been advised AquaSheen is a better paint product and that's what I've gone with.

----------
Handy and helpful
cadsman
Budding Contributor

Aqua Sheen from Qld is a boat gel coat or similar, the one from WA is the one I think you mean. Each to his own, Luxapool down in NSW were very good with support and supply and so far it's done everything it's supposed to do.

I'll put some pics up next time post when the bio tank is epoxied.

Got a couple of low level leaks in the balance tank to fix up first. The swim area will be last to be finished. With no skimmer box or vacuum connection, a low voltage cleaner will be purchased for the upkeep. I'm looking at a Dolphin mid range for the job.

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects