Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mosaic Artwork

TerryN
Having an Impact

Mosaic Artwork

Hello all,I've just joined the site recently and haven't uploaded any of my many varied projects (which include,landscaping,mosaics,graphite drawing,woodwork,etc,etc,) yet so thought I would do so for interest.AliMosaics2.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mosaic Artwork

Hi @TerryN,

Many thanks for introducing yourself. It's wonderful to have you join the Workshop community. We're really looking forward to seeing more of your handiwork soon. It sounds like you have a lot of fantastic experience and knowledge to share. We're also confident that you'll get loads of helpful advice, information and inspiration for new projects from our clever and creative community members, who are sharing amazing creations on the site every day.  

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop more useful for you.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Beautiful artwork!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Note to self.
I need to learn lead lighting and glass fussing and slumping and that also means learning how to make ceramics as well...
The joys of living in a house with art deco features and having added to the theme over the years before even knowing what the theme was.
Having assisted in putting mosaics down in 1980's on the bathroom and laundry much respect to you that you can do it artistically.
TerryN
Having an Impact

Hello Brad,Thanks for the kind comment regarding my mosaic artwork.It is something I really enjoy to do when I have the time.I also like the fact that the tiles and timber etc,are just leftover rubbish from the houses I work on in my daytime job as a bricklayer of 51 years and still counting. I've made a lot of furniture out of the same left over materials as well.I'll include an example for your interest.Regards Terry.004.jpg

Beautiful!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

maryg
Building a Reputation

Omg wow amazing work love them! I have just recently decided to get into mosaics just want to make my own colourful things for my outdoor garden. Have lots of ideas but need to learn soo much :smile: 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you join us @maryg. I trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects from our clever and creative members. 

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with the community. And let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TerryN
Having an Impact

Hello Mary,Thanks for the kind compliment.I'll look forward to seeing some of the mosaics you produce in the future.I think it's a pretty forgiving craft, and if you can draw well enough to put a pattern onto your surface,you'll probably surprise yourself.I've done quite a few over the years but have seized production at the moment (must to my wife's relief,ha,ha.) as we don't have any more space for them,and I'm very busy on the workfront.(bricklayer by trade) I just make the back board from bits of sheet flooring that are sometimes left over on our sites,but mine are all in out of the weather,so if you are going to leave yours out in the weather, then you'd be better off using compressed fibro or something similar I think.Of course you can mosaic birdbaths,concrete planter boxes,etc,and I think they come up really well and add lots of colour to the garden.Anyway Mary, I'm sure you'll have fun with the process.Regards Terry.

maryg
Building a Reputation

Thank you Terry I imagine your artwork compliments your interior beautifully and I think any projects I do whether they turn out as I imagine or not will still add colour and character to my garden in one way or another 😂 Stay safe :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects