Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mobile garden decor and screens

respectre
Just Starting Out

Mobile garden decor and screens

I have a small courtyard. I am not allowed to permanently affix anything to external walls or fences ie with nails. Need ideas for decor, shade and privacy. How would I attach wheels to a garden screen? I'd need a wheel with brakes for safety.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: mobile garden decor and screens

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @respectre. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Perhaps some images of the space might give our helpful members some ideas about the solutions you could try. A garden screen by itself generally doesn't have much structural integrity. If you wanted to have it free-standing, with wheels on it, you would need to build some type of frame which the wheels could attach. You might like to consider Matrix screen panels, a channel frame kit and then building a wheeled base. 

Instead of a garden screen on wheels, you could install Matrix 1800 x 900mm Planter Box Kit For Decor Screen Panels. These would allow your privacy screen to be free-standing and also a place to plant some greenery.

We look forward to seeing some images of the areas and providing some great feedback on what you could do with the area.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Is this product still available? I can find the screen but not the planter.

thanks!

Sasha 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sashajob. As Mitch is currently taking a well-earned break, let me tag our other resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to assist you.

In the meantime, you might like to let us know a little more about your needs for a planter box in case this one is no longer available and Eric needs to suggest alternatives. 

Thanks,

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sashajob 

I'm sorry but the Matrix 1800 x 900mm Planter Box Kit For Decor Screen Panels is no longer available. However, I suggest building a small, raised garden bed either made of ACQ Sleepers or Merbau timber. The Matrix screen panel can be screwed on to the back of the raised garden box.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects