Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Makeover for the side of the house

shayden06
Cultivating a Following

Makeover for the side of the house

IMG20180525151014.jpgA small project I completed for my sister. Everything was brought from Bunnings.

IMG20180519103859.jpg

IMG20180519103913.jpg

IMG20180520152905.jpg

IMG20180521163347.jpg

IMG20180523140903.jpg

IMG20180525150936.jpg

IMG20180525150941.jpg

IMG20180525150948.jpg

IMG20180525151014.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Makeover for the side of the house

Hi @calverts,

Let me tag @shayden06 for you so he is alerted to your question asking for an approximate cost for the project. Hopefully he can get back to you as soon as possible, although it's been a while since he was last on the site.

You might also want to hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos and a little more detail about your project. I'm sure other members would be happy to provide any suggestions that they can for keeping the costs down as well as ensuring a brilliant result. We have members sharing helpful advice and inspiration every day.

Welcome to Workshop,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Link not found. Thanks

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

@calverts - Hi and welcome. If you look at the photos, you’ll see that the supports for the decking are (I think) sitting on some galvanised fixings of some sort. If you’ve read the other posts, you would have seen that some people were concerned about the type of timber used for supporting the deck. It’s quite feasible to achieve the results of the images above, using better timber and suitable fixings.

I would have had a metaphorical heart attack over those quotes you received :smile:

I suggest you start your own topic/discussion in the “Outdoor” forum. This will “stand you out from the crowd” and @Jason can then tag a couple of experienced members to suggest some ideas. I can see what you want to do, I’ve got an idea about how to do it, but as it’s not something I’ve actually done myself, it would be better if others came to the party, cheers Deb :smile:

Wow this looks amazing!. I have a similar area at the side of my house. I might look at replicating this idea

Many thanks for joining in the discussion @luketaylor. I'm sure @shayden06 appreciates the fantastic feedback.

Feel free to start a new discussion and share some photos of the side of your house. I'm sure members would be happy to share some advice and further inspiration with you. 

Welcome to Workshop and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

veronicansw04
Just Starting Out

That looks really good! I may have to steal this idea (with a few minor differences) It will cover up some very ugly stuff at the side of my place, and create an area where I can have a quiet cigarette out of the weather where the kids can’t see me. 
Well done mate 🙂

Glad to see you have been inspired @veronicansw04. I'm sure @shayden06 appreciates the positive feedback on this very popular project.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do at your place.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We have clever and creative members sharing helpful advice, information and inspiration on the site every day.

Jason

hi @calverts 

I did something similar but just used H4 treated pine to act as sleepers (as in railway sleepers), then joists on top, & finished with 25mm treated pine planking. Plus I built 2 timber decks (5.4 x 5.4 & 5.4 x 2.0)--total cost under $5K. See my posts for some pics.

Cheers, Peter

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shayden06,

Hope all is well with you. Thanks again for sharing this fantastic project with us. It's been incredibly popular with the community, notching up over 50,000 views to date.

Given its popularity, would you be able to tell us more about the materials used and what you might have learned along the way? Any tips for people who would like to replicate your fantastic work would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects