Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low profile deck

Highlighted
Stuardo
Established Contributor

Re: Low profile deck

@Abhijit 

Most of the paving area was level with just a slight fall out from the door as expected for drainage. I used offcuts of the framing

timber at regular spaces where needed on top of the pavers beside the frame (not under) and brought the frame up to level then screwed the offcuts to the inside of the frame with the same bugle screws that hold the frame together. See image I tried to draw how it worked. Hope that helps.

Decking Frame Leveled on Pavers.jpg

Abhijit
New Contributor

Great! Thanks Stuardo. I think I understood this. I guess I will have to use this in some places. 

Regards,

Abhijit

Abhijit
New Contributor

Hi Jason,

The  paver surface is pretty sturdy and been around for years. So I am sure it will hold the frame firmly in place. I did consider removing the pavers but was apprehensive of what I may find and end up with much more work. But removing pavers is not completely out of plans yet. Will decide next week. Let me know if you think that's a better approach. Thanks.

Regards,

Abhijit

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Hi @hadi,

Hope you are well.

As this has been an incredibly popular project this year I thought I'd check in to see if you could please share an update with us. 

Thanks,

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects