Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Leaking Concrete Tank

aarons
Just Starting Out

Leaking Concrete Tank

I have a large Concrete Tank that is seeping water through some small Crracks near bottom of tank Wondering does any-one Know of a product I could patch with without emptying tank ?? Or even a product if I have to empty tank ???

Cheers Aaron

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Leaking Concrete Tank

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop @aarons. Welcome aboard. We hope you get loads of useful advice, information and inspiration for your projects from our ever-helpful community members. 

Could you please clarify if you use the tank to supply drinking water? Not sure if it matters to the proposed solutions from members but it might be relevant....

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Hi aarons,
Sikaflex has a range of products which can seal the crack from the inside and out which are suitable for drinking water applications also.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Betta make a product called Water Plug, this is suitable for drinking water tanks. It is put on from the outside of the tank. I have used this product myself and had success every time.

Thanks for joining in the discussion @ryambra1967. Great to have you join us. A very warm welcome to Workshop. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project or have something to share. 

Cheers,

Jason

I've tried them all...

Hi @Tanyamaree71,

We'd be pleased to assist you with your leaking tank. Preparation of the crack and surrounding area are essential in getting a superior bond for the product to adhere correctly. What sort of preparation did you do to the surface before applying the products?

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects