Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Landscape rebuild

Jimi
Making a Splash

Landscape rebuild

6.2.jpg

6.1.jpg

After a lot of digging, monument fence paint, merbau deck extension and lighting, retainer walls and my first build with render to make a bench seat, my son now has somewhere to play. No tradies used other than a concreter. 90% of materials as always, from Bunnings.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Landscape rebuild

Fantastic result, many thanks for sharing @Jimi. I'm sure your family will enjoy many happy times in that gorgeous outdoor space. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. You obviously have plenty of skills, experience and creativity to share. We are looking forward to seeing what you tackle next. We have clever and creative members sharing helpful information, advice and inspiration every day, so we're sure you will fit right in. Feel free to post anytime you have something to share or need a hand with anything around the house and garden.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Jimi What a transformation, congrats! Great to see you're promoting outside activities for the kids and have taken playspace into account. Welldone!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Aussie-Garden
Becoming a Leader

Outstanding effort there @Jimi.

Congrats!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @Jimi,

We've had a question on Instagram about what plants you used along the fenceline. Could you please let us know?

Thanks again,

Jason

Jimi
Making a Splash

Hi,

I have used Sasanqua Camillia's along the fence line. They can be hedged and have nice white flowers. In 3 months they have grown from about 200mm in height to over 1000mm tall.

Wy
Growing in Experience

Hi

What are the small trees called in the second photo?  Which cardinal direction are they in?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Wy. Let me tag @Jimi for you so he is alerted to your question about the old trees that were removed. 

Welcome to the Workshop community,

Jason

Jimi
Making a Splash

Hi Wy. I removed those trees but the ones on the left I think were like a Silver Sheen and the one on the right I think was an Apple Tree. They were North facing.

minimish
Just Starting Out

I love the render seat ... do you have specs on how you built it ?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects