Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids climbing frame made from recycled materials

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Kids climbing frame made from recycled materials

8293539E-8454-4045-8B28-435EEEDA58C1.jpeg

B1B30756-3B44-4ECA-814F-A1368CA8B4E5.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: kids climbing frame made from recycled materials

Nice one @LePallet. Done any larger versions for big kids? :smile:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Re: Kids climbing frame made from recycled materials

@Jason @Not as yet but I do say I may be in the near future 

Yasmine_Eluwa
Getting Established

This is exactly the kind of idea I was looking at doing for my son, something that can handle shoes better than my couch!

Let us know if you need a hand with building your own @Yasmine_Eluwa. I'm sure @LePallet and other helpful community members will be happy to share advice along the way.

We're looking forward to reading about all of your projects and plans. Please remember to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need assistance with a project around the house and garden. 

Welcome,

Jason

DIY04
Getting Established

So cool. My family could use something like this.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DIY04,

It certainly has been a popular project with the community. I myself am considering building one, though my daughter is a bit young for it yet. I trust @LePallet would be more than happy to provide some basic plans and a description of how he made it if you'd like to build one yourself.

Mitchell

TashHide
Just Starting Out

This is awesome! My son would love this. Just wondering if there was a link on the instructions please? I would also love this since he seems to be an expert climber at 15 months old haha.

Thank

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TashHide.

Let me mention @LePallet to see if he can give us some hints on the process. I've created an image of the basic principle which you could follow and should be enough to get you started.

It appears he has used 70 x 35mm pine timber to construct the frame. There are initially two boards created, one for either side. The first has gaps in between the pallet boards and the second without the gaps and butted together. The 70 x 35mm timbers are cut top and bottom at a 45-degree angle and the pallet boards are fixed to them with screws. A support brace then extends between the two boards at their base to stop them slipping apart. The verticle support meets the two boards in the middle at the top and is likely to have two 45-degree mitres on the end to marry up with the 90-degrees the two boards create. He has fixed all these pieces together with screws and then created a template at the top to fill in the gap and provide further rigidity to the structure.

Please let me know if you need further detail or had questions.

Mitchell

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

This is epic!! I’m keen to do something like this for my kids! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects