Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount shade cloth for privacy?

rookie8
Just Starting Out

How to mount shade cloth for privacy?

Hey guys,

Complete newbie here. So I’ve seen some houses use shade cloth mounted On the side of their house from their colorbond fences to their eaves possibly, wether it be for privacy reason or etc. just wondering how I can go about in doing that? 
I was looking at coolaroo shade cloths but I don’t know what or how to secure it on my fence/roof? Any tips or materials I can use would help. Thank you!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to mount shade cloth for privacy?

Heya @rookie8,

Welcome to Workshop. We're really pleased to have you join the community and trust that you'll find heaps of helpful information from other members, as well as plenty of project inspiration. 

Could you please post a photo or two of the side of your house so members can see what you are working with? It might help members to provide more specific advice for you. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to mount shade cloth for privacy?

I don't really understand how that will help with privacy @rookie8 and would think there are better alternatives. Eg privacy screens - https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/diy?q=privacy%20screen

Shade cloth tends to capture dirt/dust and is hard to clean. It will also act like a sail so need strong tethering. 

A photo would help. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects