Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a Bunnings DIY birdhouse

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

How to make a Bunnings DIY birdhouse

I was lucky to be given a Bunnings Kids DIY birdhouse

I thought it would be fun to make it up but first sorry Bunnings MDF won’t stand being outside for very long. be interesting to see how good paint can extend this.

two sides 3 mm mdf, a top and bottom 3mm mdf, and front and back panels 9mm and a perch.

to increase lifetime I painted them with British Paints 4in1 tinted to TU4 Which makes it covers bright strong colour and high contrast (imagine a black and white chequerboard)

gave the panels a good coat and assembled using Selleys exterior PVA and eight brads glued the perch in and overnight ended up a strong little box

Will need to use some sealant Selleys no more gaps exterior, or silicone, as the rebates the side fit into leaves itself open to water.

Off to BUNNINGS in the weekend for top coat paint

MM1.pngMM2.jpeg

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

Re: how to make a Bunnings DIY birdhouse

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Madmoggy,

It's fantastic to see your project finished. That Bear 24mm x 50m Samurai Low Tack Washi Tape certainly works well for stencils. Did you use a clear coat layer to prevent bleed-through or was this just the result from the tape itself?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

No clear coat this time just the tape onto the red a coat of red over the tape and then the green x2. I probably should have spent more time cutting the circle better as you can pick my knife lines very happy great tape

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects