Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a torn flyscreen?

bignoux8
Getting Established

How to fix a torn flyscreen?

Hey guys, 

My flyscreen has ripped and a quick fix to help reattach the screen to the frame would be great!

Cheers,

flyscreen.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix a torn flyscreen?

Hi @bignoux8,

Welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join the community. We hope you find it useful and look forward to reading about your projects and plans. 

Experienced member Tara has put together a step-by-step guide How to replace a flyscreen that includes a list of tools and materials needed. 

The video below should also help you. Please let us know how you go with it!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jake
Finding My Feet

I had the same issue with our flyscreen recently after our overly-enthusiastic beagle jumped straight through it.

After attempting to fix the door with some bespoke, crude tools (namely the blunt end of a butter knife) I decided to purchase one of the kits in this video, since it was a fraction of the $110+ a professional quoted to fix the door.   The little roller tool worked a treat and my screen door is back to new. Simples.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @jake. Your beagle sounds fun! Perhaps you could post a photo on Show off your pet

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. Please introduce yourself to the gang. We look forward to getting to know you and hearing about your projects

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bignoux8
Getting Established

Yeah my cat's actually the culprit!

I'll have to look into purchasing this kit and have a word with my cat when I get home.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects