Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cook brisket

MoonshineBen
Making a Splash

How to cook brisket

MoonshineBenBrisket.jpg

Hey all, been a while! Lots has been cooking and busy preparing for competition season in a few weeks.

Wanted to share a video we shot recently about my favourite low and slow cut - brisket.

For many people new to smoking meat, it's one of the more challenging cuts, so hopefully this video will demystify some of it.

We did this as an addition to the 5 Tips for Great Brisket article.

Cheers!

Ben

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cooking brisket

Some tasty brisket at Melbourne's Moomba festival today.

brisket.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MoonshineBen

Had leftover brisket last night for dinner. I chopped it up this leftoever piece, popped it in a large pan with plenty of barbecue sauce and a little water, then used it for soft-shelled tacos with guacamole, jalepenos and red capscicum. It was sooooo good!

Brisket.jpg

Awesome. Taco's with left over BBQ beef are amazing - try it with beef cheeks as well!

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au

Now the weather is finally warming up, I'm sure those backyard barbecues will start to get a workout again.

I just noticed that the Bunnings crew have uploaded new barbecue videos, including this one on how to smoke beef brisket. 

Hope you all find it helpful. Feel free to ask the community if you need a hand with anything.

Jason

I took the opportunity on Saturday to drag out the kamado and cook a piece of brisket for the family. My fire-building skills are a little rusty but the result was very tasty!

Jason

Brisket.jpgBrisket1.jpgBrisket2.jpgBrisket3.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects