Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a small dog kennel?

IDIM
Finding My Feet

How to build a small dog kennel?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to build a small dog kennel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @IDIM. Many thanks for your question, I'd be glad to assist.

Perhaps you might like to upload some images or a sketch of what you would like to construct and our helpful members could advise on how to go about building it. If you could add a few more details of your project it will assist our helpful members in providing some great advice. Are you intending to build the kennel out of timber or some other material? Did you happen to have any specific dog kennel designs in mind or is there a style you wished to create?

I'll provide a couple of step-by-step D.I.Y. articles on how to build a dog kennel and how to build a custom dog kennel which I trust you'll find useful whilst building your project.

Please let us know if there is anything, in particular, you needed help with whilst building a small dog kennel and we'd be more than happy to assist.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @IDIM 

If your up to the #buildchallenge then I suggest trying to build Furry Fortress! Sizes indicated are suggested only as you can re-size for your four legged friend! The main material used is UT MGP10 70x30 non structural pine timber comes in 3.6 meters. What you use for your floor and sides I leave to your imagination. This is a more involved build as it is composed of more steps! Want to practice first? Just type in "weekend project" on the search bar and you will see a stool/plant stand you can try out. Still feeling confident? Simply print the pictures and write down your cut list and have at it! Now you may be wondering why the second floor is open on one side? This is the look out spot for the dog and I will post the ramp build in my next post. If you have any questions please post it here on Workshop and I will try to answer as best as I can. Remember build it as you see it! Stay safe!

Cheers,

Red

dogken1.jpgdogken2.jpgdogken3.jpgdogken4.jpgdogken5.jpgdogken6.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks heaps.  No I'm not really wanting such a grand high-rise and so I have a picture of one on line that would be great (I hope) and am ready to have a go. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects