Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach shade cloth from fence to carport?

Krusty
Cultivating a Following

How to attach shade cloth from fence to carport?

I am wanting to protect cars a bit more by running 10meters of shade cloth along 2 carports from the gutters to under the top rail of a colour bond fence,I cant seem to find suitable clips or attachments as holes cant be drilled,Cheer's Krusty.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach shade cloth from fence to carport?

Hi @Krusty. Many thanks for your question, I'd be pleased to assist.

Is there any particular reason why you can't drill holes? Most common fixing methods I can think of are going to require you to attach the shade cloth somehow. There are Icon Plastics 42mm Shade Clips 12 Pack which require a nail or screw to be attached or Coolaroo 32 x 80mm Black Shadecloth Accessory Butterfly Clips 20 Pack which are destined to clip onto steel wire rope. Another method is to use a Porta 40 x 12mm 2.4m H3 Treated Pine Moulding and sandwich the shade cloth between it and the fascia board/fence rail. However, this would also require fixing screws.

If you would like to add some images of the area, it would allow our helpful members to give some great advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Krusty
Cultivating a Following

Thanks MitchellMc,I’m not really looking for a permanent fixture so not looking to mark the fence or carport unnecessarily,the carports are single zinc like those that Bunnings sell and was hoping to use a peg like fixture to attach from one to the other,the fence being a little lower,I could wrap the cloth using carport poles but don’t want to hinder the car doors.My technical mind is very limited preventing me from sending a photo if I could take one,Cheers to all,Krusty.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Krusty,

Perhaps you could use some spring clamps to hold the shade cloth to the different areas? You might also like to use some of the previously mentioned fixings but place the fixing screws into discreet locations.

If you are able to take a picture on your phone I can advise how to upload it to Workshop. Alternatively, you can send them to workshop@workshop.com.au and I'll upload them for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects