Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How many bags of screenings for my back courtyard?

Joshsara
Getting Established

How many bags of screenings for my back courtyard?

I would appreciate if you could let me know how many 20k bags of screening item no 0760532 I would need I am going to lay weed mat under and cover with screening or blue metal item no 0106948 this is a small area at the back of my house in a village 

the area is 1200mx200m 

thanking you

philomena tait

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: back courtyard

Welcome to the Workshop community @Joshsara. I can answer that for you.

I note you have said it is a small area, so I'll presume the measurement is 120cmx200cm. You will need approximately 4 bags to cover the area to a depth of 10mm. If you would like a thicker layer a couple of extra bags would be ideal for the project.

What do you plan on using the area for?

If it was a different measurement or you have other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell thank you for your help I am a oldie and hopeless with metric so I will try to detail it more on my tape it’s feet on one side and M on the other so it is 1200mx 200m or 32feet by 8 feet 99 in sorry does that make sense I will try to add some photos as well

regards philomena4D24486E-6A9B-42D5-A400-3016FD0D10B1.jpegDB8AAAC0-A907-4591-8312-9986520630BF.jpeg1BB7DEAC-71C8-4899-BAEB-BDF527D193AE.jpeg38C9E66D-C94D-4FCC-9FE8-19743FD7A047.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Joshsara. Thanks for the additional information and pictures.

I can work with the imperial units which match the pictures perfectly. That's 256 sq feet or 24 sq meters. I would purchase one bag for each square meter although you have some paving so you could drop that down to 20 bags total. That will give you a decent coverage and prevent you from seeing the black weed matting through the blue metal.

Another option instead of the blue metal could be Brunnings 20kg Red Volcano Scoria Landscape Stone. It really just comes down to personal preference though.

I hope that answers your question. If you need further advice or need assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell

Thank you Mitchell just what I needed to know I would prefer the red rock  a bit more expensive maybe if I bought it bulk it would be a lot less 

regards, 

philomena

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Joshsara

You will find all our mixes are less expensive in bulk quantities. If you take a look at our bulk mixes here, you can have them all direct delivered to your home in metro areas.

I hope this assists.

Mitchell

Joshsara
Getting Established

Re: How many bags of screenings for my back courtyard?

Hi Mitchell it’s Philomena’s again thank you for your info so far re the back area approximately how much weed matting would I need to underlay 

regards,

philomena

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Philomena.

If you purchased two of these Coolaroo 1.83 x 10m Prepacked Weed Control Mats it would be sufficient to cover that area. You'll need to overlap them in the process.

I hope that assists, please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Mitchell

Love your work @MitchellMc. It's great having someone such as yourself here with such detailed and helpful replies. 👍

Hi Mitchell it’s me again , if I was to use anl  20mm river gravel bulk how much would I need , thank you your advise has been awesome , finished will post photos regards

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects